1. Air conditioner, water heater, lights, fireplace & furnace must be turned off when trailer is not in use. This includes outside lights, regardless of being on a timer. **NEW IN 2023: A $25 per incident additional rent fee will be charged for A/C’s left running when you go home for the week**
2. Electric stoves, washers, dryers are not permitted in trailer, shed or porches.
3. It is strictly forbidden to leave trash at Tuckahoe during off season. Dumpster at Maintenance Shop is not for camper use in the off-season.
4. Clothesline posts must be at rear of site within the 5’ rear & 1’ side setbacks. Inquire with maintenance before digging anything in the ground. Posts can be minimized by using an eye bolt on the shed to one post on the opposite end.
5. Gate calls will be answered between the hours of 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. At all other times you must use your gate card. There is a $25 refundable security deposit for each of your 2 gate cards. Gate cards are issued to seasonal campers & their children only. 2 additional “Premium convenience” cards can be purchased for an additional $50/card (including the $25 refundable security deposit). No more than 4 gate cards per campsite. There is a $10 gate card replacement fee if you return a damaged gate card (NEVER store gate cards out in direct sunlight) Gate system has a security feature, so cards can’t be used back-to-back. No tailgating.
6. Teenage children may not occupy your campsite without Licensee or an approved adult family member present. Children under age 18 may not carry knives or anything similar that puts others at risk. Licensee is responsible for your guests & the behavior of your children at any location in the park.
7. Your site must be kept neat and clean. All equipment, including sheds, must be properly maintained. Lawnmowers are available at the maintenance shop. You must arrange to have your lawn mowed during extended absences or be subject to a $30 overgrown grass cutting charge. Store-bought plastic “deck boxes” must double as a seat & be kept on your deck or inside your sunroom, NOT on the ground nor in the 5’ or 1’ setbacks). MAXIMUM of 3 per campsite Do not store debris under trailer or on site. Large dumpster is located at boat storage area for large items, EXCLUDING refrigerators, air conditioners, cardboard, decking, and propane tanks, the removal of which require a disposal fee.
8. Motorcycles, mini-bikes, mopeds, motorized skateboards, scooters, etc. are not to be operated in the park. This includes motorized items that are made for children to ride. Motorcycle pen provided for bikers.
9. Quiet time will be observed from 12 a.m. to 7 a.m. daily. NO BASKETBALL DURING QUIET TIME.
10. If outside refrigerator or freezer is inoperative, you must have it removed from your site. If the refrigerator inside your trailer is inoperative & you have an outside refrigerator you will be charged.
11. Electric cords and hose must be buried from utility box to trailer.
12. Speed limit is 9 1/2 MPH on all roads for vehicles AND golf cars.
13. Bicycles, skateboards and golf cars are not to be used after dark.
14. Pets must be kept on a leash at all times. NO PIT BULLS allowed. All waste must be cleaned up & disposed of properly. Management reserves right to have any noisy, aggressive, or unruly dog removed. Limit of 2 dogs per campsite. NO DOGS ON BEACH 9AM-5PM west of boat ramp from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
15. Campfires are permitted at a safe distance from all other trailers and extinguished when you retire for the night. Campfires must be contained and supervised.
16. This is a privately owned property. We reserve the right to select our clientele and visitors. Tuckahoe assumes no responsibility for loss by fire, theft, wind, water, vandalism or any accidents, or acts of God that may occur. Tuckahoe reserves the right to revoke camping privileges as a result of broken rules or improper behavior. NO REFUNDS
17. By order of Delaware State Fire Marshall, NO FIREWORKS, permitted on Tuckahoe property.
18. All vehicles must be tagged, inspected and insured for use on public roadways.
19. Boats & jet skis must display boat registration, have a Tuckahoe-issued sticker & site number placed on trailer tongue, & be ACTIVELY used & maintained to be stored at any location on Tuckahoe property. Boat Storage Fees apply for off-campsite storage (see page 4 of Rules & Regs).
20. For all returned checks, there will be a fee of $35 and any past due balances will be subject to 2 % per month finance charge.
21. BOAT STORAGE AREAS: NO VEHICLES, UTILITY TRAILERS OR TRAVEL TRAILERS. Boats & boat trailers must adhere to License Agreement number 14. Grass 8” or above subject to $30 cutting charge.
22. GUESTS staying on your site with a camper, RV, &/or tent must pay $75 per night.
23. Personal beach equipment (beach chairs, tents, etc.) must be removed at end of every day. No saving spots.
DECKS & CAMPSITES
Decks may be constructed by the camper and must conform to the following rules:
1. Decks shall consist of 4 ft. (45 3/8” works perfect) x 8 ft. (or less) sections providing for mobility and non-permanent construction. No plywood over decks.
2. Deck construction shall be of pressure treated lumber only. Pavers or blocks may be laid with sand, no mortar or cement allowed.
3. Deck height not to exceed 12 inches above highest ground elevation. Steps or a landing to enter trailer may be necessary and exceed the 12 inches.
4. No fences, rails or ropes as rails, piling cut-offs, wooden racks for firewood, wood-constructed gazebos of any kind (aluminum framed ONLY w/ soft tops ONLY, no wood kits) or construction other than steps or a fish-cleaning table/sink are allowed on decks or sites.
5. The area around site posts is limited to flowers and must be kept clear of tall plants, flag poles, signs, satellite dishes, birdhouses, etc. Nothing can be attached to site post. Plants and flowers cannot exceed half of the height of site post. Any posts in the ground (other than clothesline posts) must be attached to or abut trailer, shed or deck. Location of satellite dishes may be the only variable. Flags, satellite dishes and antennas must be on a non-corrosive metal post or mounted on shed.
6. BEFORE ANY NEW CONSTRUCTION CAN BEGIN ON YOUR SITE(decks, sheds, fish-cleaning sinks, clotheslines, fire pits, pavers, landscaping, gardens, etc.), YOU MUST SUBMIT A PLAN (written out preferably, but at the very least a conversation in the camp store), AND BE APPROVED.
1. Sussex County Code allows for ONE accessory building.
2. Sizes for SHEDS are 6 ft. x 8 ft. or 6 ft. x 10 ft.
3. Size for slant top storage box is 4 ft. height x 4 ft. depth x 8 ft. length.
4. Colors for sheds and boxes are to be beige, trimmed in dark brown with cedar or brown shingles.
Paint is available in Tuckahoe Store.
5. Now accepting vinyl-sided sheds. Existing sheds may be sided with vinyl by licensed contractors.
Wood doors must be replaced with fiberglass doors at same time. Call for pricing.
6. NO NEW OR USED sheds may be placed on your site without Tuckahoe approval.
7. Sheds must be properly maintained and Tuckahoe reserves the right to condemn sheds.
1. Inter-locking vinyl panels or vinyl lattice fastened at the top and bottom are the only approved types of skirting for trailer.
2. Skirting to the front of each trailer must be straight across trailer frame. The trailer tongue and coupler must be completely free of any type of skirting, fencing or rocks over trailer tongue.
AWNINGS, PORCH ENCLOSURES, & GAZEBOS
1. Sussex County Code states that campgrounds may include only equipment manufactured specifically for camping purposes.
2. Combinations/homemade modifications to make them fit with existing trailer awnings, etc. are prohibited. Only materials manufactured by the manufacturer for the screen room you choose may be used. Examples: A) You cannot use a Silvertop roof with a Patio-Mate screen room.
B) You cannot enclose screen panels with homemade, non-conforming materials.
3. Approved screen rooms are: A) Silvertop must be installed by qualified Silvertop dealer, B) Patio-Mate (used as manufactured, not modified), and C) Regular trailer supplied screen room that zippers or snaps to the trailer and awning.
4. Slide-outs roofs: Only hinged Silvertop material approved for RV equipment may be installed according to manufacturer’s specifications by a qualified Silvertop installer.
5. Maximum room width is 9 ft. and NO GLASS.
6. Windows may not be installed on a Silvertop room with NON-INSULATED roof.
7. Please be aware of screen room rules as some existing rooms are not up to our standards and will have to be upgraded before you can change or sell your trailer.
8. Stand-alone GAZEBOS may not have hard-top panels. Canvas or soft-material only with aluminum frame, NO WOOD KITS OR HOMEMADE WOOD CONSTRUCTION.
PLACEMENT OF TRAILERS
1. All new/newly placed trailers must have a 5 ft. clearance from back of trailer and shed to rear site line and
1 ft. clearance from side of trailer and shed to side site line and be placed on the site in the following manner.
2. New/newly placed trailers and ownership changes require site upgrading to current Rules and Regulations.
3. Because of many variables in the wooded area, trailers must be placed according to our specifications.
4. Placement of trailers, sheds, decks and accessories must conform with an approved site plan for each site.
Once a site plan is established, no deviations from approved site plan are permitted without prior approval
from Tuckahoe. No construction can be placed within 5 ft. from rear site line or 1’ side setback.
Any new or used trailer entering Camping Resort must be approved by management. No changes or construction at your site are permitted without prior approval from Tuckahoe.
1. No electric golf car is to be operated at the Camping Resort until a Tuckahoe permit is issued, a Golf Car
Indemnification is signed and on file with Tuckahoe and the annual fee of $75.00 is paid.
2. Site number and the Tuckahoe permit must be displayed on the FRONT of car in a location that can easily be
read. The numbers must be at least 5 inches in height and permit must be placed next to numbers.
3. All operators must be licensed the same as Delaware laws apply to vehicles. If a person has a learner’s permit, a licensed adult driver must be present while operating a golf car.
4. Golf cars are not to be in operation after dark, regardless of being equipped with lights.
5. Posted speed limit is 9 1/2 mph for golf car as well as vehicles.
6. You are responsible for ensuring that all relatives and visitors comply with all rules and regulations.
7. NO GAS GOLF CARS ALLOWED. If you now have a gas golf car and want to replace it, the replacement must
be electric. Gas golf cars cannot be sold within park or change ownership.
8. Tuckahoe reserves the right to revoke golf car privileges at any time in the entirety, or on a per site basis with even one violation.
NEW FOR 2023!
2nd A/C Unit on RV Trailers
No units in windows. Mini-Split systems must meet Tuckahoe approval 1st.
Portable Units for use in Trailer or Screen Rooms
1. To enforce the additional A/C policy and ALL Rules and Regulations, Tuckahoe
reserves the right to inspect campsites, sheds and equipment at any time.
Campers found in violation of their License Agreement and ANY rules and regulations are
subject to removal from the campground. A $25 per incident additional rent fee will be billed for A/C’s left running when you go home.
NO REFUNDS are issued in the event of termination of this license due to a violation of rules and regulations.
2. We will accept two factory mounted units plus one portable unit.
*Reminder: Campground is wired for a maximum load of 50 amp. The accessories that are added on, i.e. outside refrigerator, golf car chargers, fans, lighting, etc., if not properly balanced,
could put your equipment and ours in over-load.
1. Pool will open CONDITIONS PERMITTING. (weather and water quality)
2. Pool is strictly for TUCKAHOE CLIENTELE.
3. Anyone with open cuts, sores, colds or communicable diseases is STRICTLY PROHIBITED from entering
4. At all times, children under age 12 must be accompanied by parent or guardian. When NO Pool
Attendant is on duty, children under the age of 16 should be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
5. NO PETS, GLASS OR SHARP OBJECTS (jewelry could damage liner) in pool facility.
6. NO FOOD OR DRINKS within 6ft. of pool.
7. NO DRUGS, ALCOHOL, SMOKING, OR “VAPING.” Smoking/vaping areas provided outside fenced area.
8. NO DIVING, RUNNING OR HORSEPLAY.
9. NO SEAT-SAVING WHILE NOT PRESENT AT POOL.
10. Enter pool area at your own risk. Tuckahoe is not responsible for accidents, injuries or lost articles.
11. TUCKAHOE RESERVES the right to deny use of pool to anyone at any time.
12. PROPER BATHING ATTIRE is required for everyone, including children.
13. NO CHILDREN WITH DIAPERS ALLOWED IN POOL. Please use special “pull-ups”, designed especially
for use in pools. They are available for purchase in Tuckahoe Store.
14. Use of toys, made especially for pool usage, such as balls, rings, etc. is allowed, circumstances permitting.
15. NO FINS, BOOGIE BOARDS, PLASTIC BOATS OR WATER SHOES.
16. We are not required by law to provide a lifeguard. If pool is open with no Pool Attendant, solo swimming is prohibited.
17. NO PROFANITY, IMPROPER BEHAVIOR OR INTOXICATION ALLOWED.
18. Music and radios to be governed by a Pool Attendant, if applicable.
19. THE POOL ATTENDANT ON DUTY HAS THE AUTHORITY TO ENFORCE POOL RULES AND EVICT
TUCKAHOE ACRES CAMPING RESORT, INC. RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE CHANGES TO THESE RULES AND REGULATIONS AT ANY TIME.